The Purton Hulks – III
Some of the hulks have been laying around for so long, they are little more than a short length of keel timber sticking up above the grass. This is Britannia, built in 1878 and beached in 1944. The Friends of Purton have done a nice job of identifying the wrecks, and an even nicer job of putting these little informational plaques. Kudos!